MECHANICAL

image

54 thoughts on “MECHANICAL

Scary, yes. But also, very challenging. And yes, it would probably put an end to them. Good thing we have no power like that. Thank you for stopping by, John. Means a lot to me.

1. L Ren says:

Incredible beyond my feeble vocabulary but I felt every word like it owned me … Never failing to amaze with phrases like ‘poisoned with apathy’.

• Wendell A. Brown says:

Your words really come alive so beautifully…truly! I had been dealing with some physical issues and a move, but it seems my heart and spirit are breathing again…and i am able to spend more time reading the poems of those whose words are dear to me…you are a wonderful poet my sister…believe that always!

2. redjim99 says:

Simultaneously, alone together on the first line. I like that, pretty and cold. Sometimes we need to be cold to search for the heat we need. A good piece of work, to be revisited when i have more time.

Take care of your cravings,

Jim

3. ramblingsfromamum says:

Sad but absolutely stunning. Sometimes reading poetry you get a feeling, in the pit of your stomach. I got this, but I also got exhilaration, for the way you have written it. Does this make sense? I’m a bit all over the shop at the moment, so it possibly doesn’t. Pretty as a snowflake – your gifts to us ❤ x

4. pastdanger says:

The desire for any form of love is ingrained in our soul so much so that we gladly welcome a counterfeit substitute.
    Better a broken spirit than a broken heart we cry. As a tear rolls down your cheek.
    X

5. Salty Frosting says:

One step forward and three back… going through the motions… the story of a bleak habitual journey told too well… drive-less living… Any chance that the next step will begin a conscious revolt for independence? We’ve only limited ticks and tocks… Why waste a single moment laboring through stories already told? Give impulse a fighting chance…

Your words certainly paint a scene of living choices made by others… Seems personal sacrifice at it’s core is sad… and you describe the emotions in such a succinct manner. Always a fan.

Independence is overrated, I think. It comes with responsibilities, that make one’s heart heavy with sorrow. It’s a heavy burden to take on. Humans are silly like that, always looking back, always wanting to see what they left behind. I’m no exception.

6. Oloriel says:

“Pretty as a snowflake, and cold as a thousand of them” – such a haunting image. This poem touches and speaks in a way many are not aware of or ready to admit amd pbserve the whole canvas to understand the nature of feelings.