LITTLE YOU KNEW

I stood there,
waiting for you to make the first step.

Backwards.

I wanted to see your eyes glazing up
with ever-so-dark shadows of the night,
so you would blend into the night,
and I would feel less awkward
about not caring anymore.
I wanted to remind you
of all that vast number of days
I spent watching your face lit up
when I smiled at you.
Little you knew,
that I was trying so hard
to find something to smile about.

Constantly.

We played each other,
like a game of monopoly –
we built houses
and rolled the dice
to score a bigger number
against one another,
chasing money and power,
as we brushed against each other.
Like a vicious fox,
you attacked my body,
trying to get to my heart,
but little you knew,
that it was already beating passionately
in another man’s palm.

P.S It has been a while since I flew around WordPress. It’s good to take a break sometimes. But it’s refreshing to be back. Please be patient with me while I catch up with everybody’s blogs. But I’m excited to be back in the land of inspirational words and creativity. Missed you all.

66 thoughts on “LITTLE YOU KNEW

1. punktyras says:

Such a long pause, but poem’s good wine. It must be innate for you to write lines, that scribble heart and mind.

Thinking aloud and talking to walls,
    letter unanswered waits for hammer to fall

2. J.D. Gallagher says:

Like a vicious fox,
    you attacked my body,
    trying to get to my heart,
    but little you knew,
    that it was already beating passionately
    in another manโ€™s palm.

You see, that is just a terrific ending to the poem, the imagery alone is so startling and the whole poem has been leading up to it with immaculate timing.

Mr Gallagher, thats a compliment of great value to me, coming from you. Thanks. Didnt expect you to stop by to be honest! Ha. Will catch up with your page soon. Im sure there are gems waiting there.

3. sharenraphael says:

Wow! The end just turned the whole tale beautifully… “But little you knew, that it was already beating passionately in another man’s palm.”
    So well written… I enjoyed it all the way through. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. L Ren says:

The Owl’s bite has returned … ‘in another man’s palm’ . So powerfully and purposely written my friend.

It’s always worth the wait, Owly!
    This is a beautifully poignant as always. It was very good to read your words quietly in my head and then out loud to really let the fully realized doomed lovers come to life. The “punchline” at the end was placed painfully perfect here. Thank you!

Hey mister! I know, I’ve been gone for a while and then very sporadic with all my writing. I haven’t forgotten about all the planned writing I still have to do! (wink) So I’ll get my ass in gear some time very soon.

6. Lala Rukh says:

WOW Miss chatty own, as much I loved your name and blog… I never knew you write so impressive. I am in love with your words, you have a very elegant style of writing. This poem was beautiful. โค you.