TO BE ANOTHER

Voice version of the poem

Slowly
I push your hugs away from me –
the warmth evaporates
into the cold mist of gloomy London,
and that’s what makes this city
so beautiful –
an expired love of forgotten craving.

It’s a factory of pleasure.

Harshly
I stop clocks
and slowly break the time in half
before it breaks
me
into a million pieces of (un)reserved
seconds for you.
They drip
and gallop at a pace of my falling tears.

That are not even real.

Seductively
I transform myself
from one bird into another,
disguising my feathers
under camouflaged colours of attraction.

I know you want to pick me up
and take me home.
Oh baby,
I’m not that domestic.

50 thoughts on “TO BE ANOTHER

1. Oloriel says:

Striking write, as usual. I loved this part:”Seductively
    I transform myself
    from one bird into another,
    disguising my feathers
    under camouflaged colours of attraction.”, and ofcourse, you dont need to mention London twice to get me tied to a poem πŸ™‚

2. Green Embers says:

I really liked the end. Reminds me of animals in the wild, beautiful and majestic. I’m so domestic my animal could be a cow, πŸ˜†

Thanks for sharing with us Owlie. πŸ™‚

3. Ζ₯ΓΆΙ›tic says:

Even freedom comes at a price but sometimes the desire to be free is so great that we are willing to give anything for it. Owls aren’t meant to live in cages and you are no exception, and as always, your words move me in ways I don’t even understand…please keep writing M

Thank you. Sometimes its difficult to find words and turn them into something readable. But i do try. And yes, owls shouldnt be caged. But then again, nobody should….

Very often im self conscious about my diction. And the fact that i sound 12, haha. (Once someone told me the opposite, but it must have been a madman!) thank you for being sweet x

4. Tony Stark says:

As wonderful a dark and yet sharp, modern, emotional and yet detached poem, inscribed and with a graceful sardonic apathy…

Greatly enjoyed, thank you!

Although I must admit too that the comments (barring this one of course) are almost equally interesting, to see how your words lead in so many different directions when different minds process them inside their own composed realities!

5. L Ren says:

Your abilities to capture raw emotion and turn into such prose is so truly a gift. Makes ones mind race to places untraveled. Anticipating your next writing already.

6. L Ren says:

‘Accidental and unplanned’ makes your gift even greater than expected. It was always my thinking that owls always planned. Myth busted then!