CHINESE TEA

Careful attempts to come closer,
you estimate your actions,
you count your steps
while counting on my mouth,
ajar,
to invite you nearer
as I whisper you secrets
about my inner beauty
and broken parts of my heart,
making you remember
every moment
that was my past,
and now it’s going to be your future.
You put yourself above the rest,
sharing tea with me becomes
your obsession,
a herbal drug of a hooked up soul,
adjusting schedules to fit my needs,
as I adjust myself between your legs
in return.
You melt into the warmth of my skin
wanting to conquer
every living corner of my mind,
so you could fill it
with the presence of yourself,
but that’s only
if I let you.

76 thoughts on “CHINESE TEA

1. archecotech says:

There is a movie scene were this gal is serving tea to a warlord who is ready to invade his opponents, I can imagine these thoughts running through her mind to keep him from moving on his action. Great work, love it.

Chatty…as always…your poetry makes my heart thunder. My breath go short. And I cannot help but fall deeply madly tumbling into your words…never to come up-back to reality.

Its been a while i saw you on my blog, dear. Its nice to see that my words still make your mind think and enjoy them. By the way, congrats on getting your book sorted out, im looking forward to get my hands on a copy of that!

• J.R.Taylor says:

I know! I’ve been away for much to long…I was happy to see that you were still writing on here. My heart fell a little when I saw that you had started another break. I was worried as to how long it would be before you started up again! Your poetry is always fantastic…I’ve found myself reading your poetry book over and over and over again. It’s so addicting!
      And thank you! I cannot wait for you to take it in your hands and furiously turn the pages soaking in each word and syllable. No greater honor then that!

• J.R.Taylor says:

Me too! It was so nice to start posting again…I hated being away for so long. I feel like I’ve missed so much. And I’m glad you are excited about the news! Now you know why I was gone for so long! πŸ™‚

3. po3tic says:

First of all let’s make it coffee not tea, because c’mon seriously!
    Secondly, don’t ever let me diminish you with my presence, as if it’s even possible to extinguish your essence.
    Lastly, but most important, the broken parts of your heart are the components I love most so if that’s the future then it deserves a fucking toast! Cheers ❀️

4. The Hook says:

“You melt into the warmth of my skin
    wanting to conquer
    every living corner of my mind,
    so you could fill it
    with the presence of yourself,”
    Lyrical ambrosia.

5. Cam M. Roberts says:

In this poem, you articulate very well the veiled underpinnings of sexual desire. I find the voice of your persona to be very alluring. It is calm, collected & in-control, but all the while calculating – ex. hidden agenda, secret knowledge, or clairvoyance. I always get the feeling that a spell is being cast on the reader – they ensnare confidently, and are bold, but nevertheless contain a repressed and quiet disarray lurking underneath the surface. The oracular voice gains potency as the poem progresses, and I find of great value how you’ve expressed that very clear boundary at the end.
    As a side note, I read this poem while listening to the song “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac – and, I must say the underscoring was at times starkly in-sync, and mesmerizing.
    Lovely work!

Long time no see, mister. Thank you for such in-depth and time-consuming comment. Im glad you were able to see that behind the veil of my poetry.
      As you know, Im a big fan of your works and the intelligence that lingers in your words.
      Thanks for stopping by, dear.
      By the way, that Flatwood Mac song is mesmerising.