ANY TOM, DICK AND HARRY

I’m invisible.
Observing lives of other people
and picking fragments that I like
to make one of my own.
My sobs are loud,
but get mistaken for a thunder –
feared,
ignored,
dismissed
as something that will eventually pass.
Like a gulp of a windy day
in one’s mouth.

62 thoughts on “ANY TOM, DICK AND HARRY

1. J.D. Gallagher says:

I’m invisible.
    Observing lives of other people
    and picking fragments that I like
    to make one of my own.

Wow. There’s a gripping introduction to a poem. I think a lot of people will relate to that too. I reckon a lot of people feel/are like that. That we build our lives like magpies stealing anything that glitters or looks good from other people before forcing it all together like incorrect jig-saw pieces so that it resembles something the same…but different.

Thats true. Im sure many people feel that way. But when you ask them, people like playing unique individuals that don’t care about other people’s good habits and inspiring qualities, because that would prove how envious of those things they are.
      Well… Im trying to make a good looking puzzle out of my life πŸ™‚

2. John W. Howell says:

I remember working for a German company where English was the common language of commerce. Whenever I spoke German it was as if I did not exist. I guess they didn’t expect an American to say anything worth while. I enjoyed this poem and yes it eventually passed.

3. ramblingsfromamum says:

The title just suggests to me com- se com- sa kinda day. Your sobs are loud – I am sure there will be those to readily hand you a tissue, for those eyes of yours should not cry tears – beautifully written as usual Ms Owl ~ smiles x

I didn’t think about it. You are right, lightning very often causes people to ooo and awww. But I doubt that can be compared to my crying. I haven’t seen anyone swooning over my sobs πŸ™‚

4. senseandwisdom says:

Why would any one ignore you. You’re so talented. Your sobs must sound like a beautiful sympony. And pooh to any one who would make you cry. They should strive to make you smile.

That is a very touching and sweet thing to say, especially about someone that you dont know? But it warms my heart to read these words. Thank you.

5. Devina a Lemon flavoured Jellybean says:

I think, that the people who can somehow manage to ignore your presence don’t deserve to know you at all, the fools. Those that do see the ‘you’ shinning under that dark cloud you’re riding with, are the ones you should hold close. Them Tom, Dick and Harry are the classic idiots and you seem, to me, to be far too sensible.

6. julienmatei says:

“Poetry, generally, is a rhythmic articulation of feeling, and the feeling is an impulse that begins inside. Like a sexual impulse, you know. Almost as definite as that. It’s a feeling that begins in the pit of the stomach, right? And rises up through the breast, and out the mouth and ears, right? And it comes forth as a croon or a groan or a sigh, right?

And you try to put words to that by looking around and trying to describe what’s making you sigh, just sigh in words, you simply articulate what you’re feeling.”

~ Allen Ginsberg

Regards,

Julien

Hmmmm oh you are wrong. I seem to be invisible more times than you would think πŸ˜‰ but there is some truth to the fact that sometimes i do that deliberately πŸ˜‰

7. johncoyote says:

I like being invisible. When I was young. I wanted to be king of the mountain. Today I like to feel safe and take care of the family. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.