AND YET…

Gullible sounds of city’s bones
crunch under my heels –
it’s powerful.
But so is your desire for me.
I told you many times,
I’m contagious.
Like a yawn,
that travels in waves of unspoken words,
yet everybody hears them.
Sometimes I wonder,
why can’t I hear you calling my name
anymore,
and then I remember –
I asked you not to.
Yet here I am,
thinking about you again.
And wanting to be touched
by your words –
it’s like a challenging game.
And I like playing.

71 thoughts on “AND YET…

1. Rosh says:

Contagious indeed. The kind of ‘ill’ I would happily continue having. 😉
    Oh and your voice as well… *swoon*

2. beeseeker says:

“contagious/Like a yawn”
    It is weird how that simile works in this very different context.
    My first proper Soundcloud experience; thank you.
    Your voice?
    Have to find out how Sound cloud works now.
    Thanks, I think.
    Good writing.

Yes, all mine. Pictures and voice on my blog – always mine. Glad the first soundcloud experience was pleasant for you. It’s not that difficult to figure soundcloud out, but let me know if you need any help.
      Thanks once again.

3. ramblingsfromamum says:

I did a soundcloud last night – hilarious, not quite as sultry as your haunting voice Ms Owl. You have played with your words and we read with a *sigh*. Seriously lovely effort and I think the men-folk will be swooning ‘just that little bit more’ when they hear you 🙂 xx

Oh sheesh, my voice is nothing but annoying the majority of the time. I need to head to soundcloud and listen to yours! Your poetry is sultry and witty, which is exactly what i like! X

4. writingthebody says:

Nice listening to you…and that music in the background, just far enough back. Love way you cut it off at the end….listened to it twice.

5. Ana says:

Beautiful poem & accompanying voice clip, your voice is haunting & the way you linger over words make them all the more powerful.

“Sometimes I wonder…..I asked you not too”, is the part that resonated with me the most, in fact it kind of hit me in the gut as it’s exactly how I’m feeling in relation to a boy.

Your writing is really something!

I’m so glad you related to this. My poetry is often a bit twisted and doesn’t make sense, so when people understand/relate to, I’m more than happy and smiling like a kid.
      Thank you for stopping by!

6. Joseph Pinto says:

Good Lord, Ms. Owl, between your exquisite prose & sublime voice, I believe I’ve been touched by a goddess of poetry. So moving…the moment you started speaking, my attention was yours to hold. Beautiful!!

Jo, you are so brilliant. Always with the best praise, always kind to me, always making me feel like I’m the queen of the hill 😉 Thanks. To be the goddess in your eyes is something godly itself. 🙂

7. fairytaleepidemic says:

Oh C. Owl, I need to remember not to listen to your voice so early in the morning before work. It’s infectious in the most beautiful way possible and makes me lose track of time. I should be getting ready! *runs off*

p.s. I hope you have a fabulous day today.

8. John W. Howell says:

why can’t I hear you calling my name
    anymore,
    and then I remember –
    I asked you not to.
    After years of trying to figure out what is going on I actually understand the logic of these lines. Well done

9. JK says:

Keep doing this vocal poetry and you’ll have the whole blogging community in love with you. It’s too much to resist.