SO FOOLISH

and madness from within.
It must be liberating
to be so ludicrous,
so I’m asking you
to turn me into one.

73 thoughts on “SO FOOLISH

Very often i wonder if people really appreciate the dimensional images of the loved ones or is it easier to deal with flattened imprints of what we expect them to be.
      Just a thought.

• Paul F. Lenzi says:

no expert – yet I firmly believe that they don’t have to appreciate all their lover’s dimensions, but they need to KNOW those dimensions and choose to love the person despite them – if those dimensions are hidden or ignored, I think the love must be incomplete and likely short lived

1. Joseph Pinto says:

You just don’t know when to stop, do you? Continuously ‘wow’-ing me with your prose… I loved this, Ms. Owl. I completely connect with your style…your way of blending pain, melancholy memory, hopeful wonder & beauty into one piece at a time. Wonderful! πŸ™‚

2. twdyen says:

I’m in Canada, 5 hours away from you, still at work. I don’t know why I feel so obliged to reply to you, during my lunch hour. To keep it short to deliver my first impression, I have the version I hear, given below…

So Foolish

I wish I was a flat shadow,
    reflected on pages of your favourite book,
    so you could carry me around,
    like an imprint of a flower,

(((((and ***IS*** a token of your heart!!!!)))))

that has dried in the heat of your palms,

(((((and OH NOoooo!!!!)))))

preserving all the bright colours
    that I am.
    How often do I wish
    to be this fool of a girl,
    that is not affected by her own soul
    screaming,
    and thoughts, that cause insomnia
    and madness from within.
    It must be liberating
    to be so ludicrous,
    so I’m asking you
    to turn me into one.

Damn, I love your British spelling, because my Chrome is complaining! Maybe that’s why I must reply.

Have a good evening.

Maybe I’ll write something for you in return tonight.

I feel that non-british spelling is just people being lazy to hit another button for an extra letter. Ha! Then again, when chrome gets mad at all the words I witness around me, i just smirk at all the “z” instead of “s”. The never ending bickering battle of people across the ocean πŸ˜‰

Hmmm. Don’t feel obliged to reply, but Im not complaining. It makes me think that if I can annoy someone with my blog, my day has not gone to waste. Do you agree?

Copyright, copyleft – how very smart indeed.
      Off to read your blog more.

• twdyen says:

Oops, it’s 11:30pm there now. I hope you won’t wait up for my promise. Well, you can’t. I took your suggestion by mirroring your poem. This way, I don’t have to spend 2-4 hours crafting something too technical while you lose sleep for me tonight at London, just in case, for you never know.

“So Bullish” (in case you take it too seriously…)

I wish I were your favorite book,
      where you’d pen your name,
      so you could claim conquest,
      like an adventurer across the sea,
      who’s found in her a new land
      feeding the soul of the wild
      that I am.
      How often do I wish
      to be this fool of a girl,
      instead of her own
      liberating,
      and emotions, which flow from within
      and the cool, to dream eternity
      It must have been courageous
      to be so revealing,
      so I’m asking you
      to conceal your beauty within…

When I do burn up a year of vacation, 3 weeks in total, all for you alone in England just to experience togetherness before a long-term commitment, you can then take me a bit more seriously. For now, it’s just an exercise before writing a drama book.

I think it reads okay like this. It’s a new experience for me anyway. πŸ™‚

Question before I start wondering who the hell are you. Why dont you write poetry in your blog? And how come you are so good at noticing details about me?

• twdyen says:

Details? What details? I will be back this evening just to check the responses, but I may do overtime today.

I do write poetry in my blog. It’s just that I don’t write often. My blog is meant for software development.

• ρâΡτις says:

I wouldn’t bother checking back, your time would probably be better spent trolling some of the wonderful software development blogs on WordPress since that is clearly more your forte. Either way, coming back here is just going to be a huge waste of your time since you are obviously looking for something that this blog cannot provide nor can its owner. Now piss off please!

• twdyen says:

Well, I’m not trying to piss off anyone here. If anyone really gets angry, I feel obliged to reply. If the poem I wrote in response to that of Chatty Owl is considered trolling, you can write criticisms that I deserve. I am all ears. Peace, please!

• twdyen says:

I went through your blog and found your voice. Are you in your 60-70’s now? Was it a double? That explains why you are such a good writer.

I wish you a good morning! πŸ˜‰

• twdyen says:

Well, the British accent evolves over time. That’s why Shakespearean plays are better performed with the original accent. Your accent is old, about 2 generations away from my generation, though I don’t have any British accent at all. I had a linear algebra teacher at my college who spoke with exactly the same accent as yours. It’s unmistakable. You should try mimicking Hermione’s accent though. It’s very scholarly.

Another thing is that British accent tends to be more constrained at the end of each syllable. It’s like the blonde hair that darkens by age, which makes calibration easier. Your voice is a bit fragile at the end of a syllable, which betrays your age. You see, both British accent and blonde hair are considered very beautiful for the same reason.

Okay, that’s it. Talk to you later.

• twdyen says:

Trust me that I was trying to be politically correct with an understatement! BUT, I will still stick around for the fun of writing. =)

3. Rosh says:

Breathtaking.
    The first four lines touched me far more than I thought they would.
    I often wish to be that ludicrous screaming girl, completely unaffected by the emotions, or lack thereof, of others.

4. Salty Frosting says:

Interesting thought here… to be liberated from a tortured self, means to be imprisoned within the heart of another…

The little girl thinks that her preserved colours will remain bright there, safe, protected from life… but a woman who’s lived, who has dared to chance harm and be harmed, in the name of individual freedom… she understands that life’s shadows are supposed to be colorful and full of depth… she understands how foolish it is to think that one heart is enough… Especially if it is not hers.

Devina girl, thank you. Sometimes the word play comes out ok for me, sometimes I want to delete it after posting. But thanks for your kind words, darling! Hope all is well with you.

5. lscotthoughts says:

Your words tugged at my heart, so honest and emotional, Chatty. Just beautiful, as always..I continue to be in awe of your talent and for some reason, I’m not receiving your new posts, so I un-followed you and followed you again. Hopefully, that will work. πŸ™‚