INFORMAL FALLACY

Clouds lick my skin
with their wet tongues
of raindrops,
and I watch pages of my book
transform into sinking boats
of black-on-white paper.

They say the air is the freshest
after the storm,
but I don’t need a reason
to be calm,
unless I’m around you –
a gambler of life.
Like a cowboy,
who walks on dust
without leaving footprints.

I have such an urge
to spring-clean my mind,
to get rid of all the cobwebs,
forgetting about

The spilled milk.
The soiled soul.
And the reason,
why I still write
with the scent of you
on my skin.

I lick raindrops
off my bottom lip,
as if you were wiping your kisses off
and only then I realise –
it’s
still
raining
I’m
wet.

33 thoughts on “INFORMAL FALLACY

1. Cracked Sky says:

I fear the rain would never be the same, without your lip to drip. For even the darkened rain yearns to dirty it’s purity in your presence. I’ll be there watching, hiding my umbrella, so that the rain causes cloth to press tight to skin. Hell be it for me to stop you from getting wet. πŸ˜‰

2. whocouldknowthen says:

but I don’t need a reason
    to be calm,
    unless I’m around you –

such a delicious description of that elusive ‘something’
    what a magnificent poet, are you!
    *smiling…… waiting*

3. lscotthoughts says:

I’m always in awe when I read your poetry and there are so many great lines in this one, as in all of them. Very beautiful and enticing to your readers and these stood out, probably because I love cowboys…:)
    a gambler of life.
    Like a cowboy,
    who walks on dust
    without leaving footprints.

Have a beautiful weekend, Chatty! xx

This is such a beautiful piece…imagery flows from these words. Creating beauty in the afterglow of a storm. The recharged beauty of memories. The recharged sexual motivation. The recharged want to be reborn. But it’s still there. Making us wet. For better or for worse.

5. Viraj Belgaonkar says:

“I lick raindrops off my bottom lip, as if you were wiping your kisses off and only then I realise – it’s still raining and I’m wet.” – I’ve never read words arranged more beautifully… I missed the beauty of your words in my month long journey… but it was worth the wait.

Oh darling, that was such a compliment to me! Honestly, i think you are way too generous with your words, but im glad thats the reaction my writing evokes. I hope to keep it at this level in the future too!