COLOUR OF YOUR VOICE

I miss the colour of your words.
They used to taste like a rainbow,
but floated around
like a nighttime bug
turned to dust when touched
by lips of mine.
I swallowed your abc’s
like a bait –
with an enthusiastic passion.
I daydream about you,
your soft voice
and accent, foreign to my ears –
it’s to die for.
I told you once
and I’ll say it again –
you can read
a fridge manual out loud
and I’ll still get sticky wet
just by
listening to you.
Have I told you
that I imagine your hands
in between my legs,
when I read some
random famous poetry
and I burn bridges to my past,
so that you
are the only memory
for me.
I’ve never met you,
nor I ever will,
but my heart belongs to you.

So does my body.
Come, abuse them both.

70 thoughts on “COLOUR OF YOUR VOICE

The feeling is absolutely mutual. Im so happy to have met you in these virtual waters and seeing your life, expressed in your blog posts.
      OT: i wonder how many messages she received from all your wordpress fans about your daughter, hahaha.

1. PΓ–3TIC says:

Step one – plug in refrigerator
    Step two – adjust thermostat setting to your liking
    Step three – adjust freezer setting to your liking
    Step four – fill refrigerator with food of your choosing
    Step five – abuse Chattyowl….oops, that wasnt actually in the manual πŸ˜‰

2. billgncs says:

I’d always known
    the music of your words
    that absentminded hum of contentment
    the pattern of your aroused breath
    moans of desire shared
    could be a symphony
    though I sit silently

3. rafaelpradov says:

Reading you while I listen the “Concerto grosso Op.6 No.12 in F Major” of Arcangelo Corelli (1653-1713) is like to be in Heaven. Thanks God for these beautiful moments and thanks to you to let me follow you and to make me feel your suggestive poetry!

Big hug!,
    Rafael

I know what you mean, male audience seems to be the venue that poetry found a niche in.. But im always extremely happy to see women commenting and reading my stuff. I guess then i believe that the appreciation is more genuine due to a fact that its not about hormones going crazy while imagining a mysterious owl, but actually enjoying my works.
      Thank you sincerely for that.

• ramblingsfromamum says:

I think you have ‘hit the hammer on the head’ Ms Owl with that response. Your talent, though appreciated primarily by male readers can and is enjoyed by the femme fatale also. I being one of them – so you are most welcome πŸ™‚

Thank doll. Lately i feel my writings are becoming boring and half as interesting as they used to be. I either need a break from poetry or need to find a powerful sad emotion to hit me! Ha.

• fairytaleepidemic says:

I hear you on that. But honestly, I feel as if not many people are on WordPress these days as they used to be. I am taking a break as well. Not writing as much and just posting random things of my day. You still have it in you though. Your words always draw me in and they are seductive and passionate.

So very true! I see people I follow taking breaks too and I guess its needed sometimes, but then again.. With me its like this – if i take a long break, its usually for good. So im scared to stop πŸ™‚

• fairytaleepidemic says:

Me too. Thank goodness I’m locked in until the end of the year. I’m determined to post 365 days straight still. Though some days, I can’t muster up the energy or motivation to do so >_<

Thank you so much for such a beautiful
      Comment. I hope you will not be a stranger and will pop over more often to visit me here..

4. Joseph Pinto says:

“I’ve never met you, nor I ever will, but my heart belongs to you. So does my body. Come, abuse them both…”

Are you kidding me? How much more powerful does it get than that? Not much, I tell you… πŸ˜‰

Intoxicating as usual, Ms Owl πŸ™‚

I actually thought of you when i wrote that word! And i knew it might leave a bitter taste in your mouth, but i felt it was needed here..

Reading this…I wonder how these stories spring to mind.
    This is so real. So vibrant. So gorgeous. So delicious. Breathing life.
    Reading this…I feel like I’m right there. The one you are talking about. The magic of your words transporting me. It’s astounding how well you do that. Amazing!
    I’m floored.