EARLY TOMORROW MORNING

You asked me,
if I enjoy
admiring the boredom of the room,
and this is how I knew,
that my indifference bothers you.
Sharing sheets for one night
is as much fun as
is borrowing the identity
of someone else
for a day,
but I’m not into stealing
fake emotions,
unless they are red
in a shape of a heart that I’m after.
Light-hearted sentences
land quietly on my neck,
tickling my cheekbones,
and this curved view of me
promises you a night
of no-taboo passion.
Here,
on the borrowed scent
of
your clean linen.
A glass in my hand
becomes a glass on the floor
because of a graceful twist
that I deliberately faked,
for I know,
how infatuated your mind gets
watching me
bend
for
you
this
way.
You always act like a gentleman
around me,
though I never understood
your motives
for this –
I told you
so many times,
I’d like you to be different
than the rest of them.

And they all were way too polite.

Radial bone
makes me so obediently weak,
when you press it against
my throat –
so much better
than anyone else’s fingers
grabbing my neck,
because you know
I can never obey the urge
to resist you.

You asked me if I’m close,
while my eyes questioned
why do you like me so,
and when the sticky sweat
was licked
off my lips
with a proud exclamation
of release,
all I could mouth to you
was,
how
would
you
your
eggs
tomorrow morning,
darling?

106 thoughts on “EARLY TOMORROW MORNING

1. Rosh says:

Ooooo…so goooood! A voice clip for this would be awesome πŸ˜‰

Also…you know my eggy preference πŸ˜€

2. Oloriel says:

I second the voice calling for this πŸ˜€
    The poem is amazing, there is just so many parts I want to mark and bold, but I will stick to this one:”on the borrowed scent
    of
    your clean linen.”

• Oloriel says:

yes, that is why I have decided to pick it, it sums up the whole poem and truth; rest comes as an enticing detail helping you survive it πŸ™‚

3. Cracked Sky says:

Your scripts nourish my soul with a divine palette of astonishment. I, a student to your gospel, pay reverence for the gift you give to us all by allowing your imagery to permeate our thoughts.

4. Neeraj says:

So damn delicious as always. I think there was few places where you could have added your husky laughter into it. Just a thought πŸ˜€

You ALWAYS flatter me in the most astonishing way! Thank you.
      I myst say, when my poems are not bitter or moody or sarcastic, then the response seems to be the best one on here.
      Maybe I should change the way I usually write!
      Thanks once again, dear.

• rafaelpradov says:

Chatty, all is full of dark and light. You and me too. If you need to write in a bitter or moody or sarcastic way, just do it. And so you will write cheerful poems like this too. With freedom is the only way to do it well. Just use it and enjoy!

Kisses from Rafael
      PS Thanks to you for being like you are πŸ˜‰

• billgncs says:

what inner voice did you hear
      whispering sagely
      that day you sprang from bed
      incandescent exposure of blush, of desire
      breathlessly voicing “My diaphragm.”
      The parting kiss of immanent return
      lingers into caress and comfort
      and journey forgotten I lead you back to bed
      as children playing games for keep
      we roll, reading braille shivers in secret corners
      until you pull me in whispering, “I want it, I need it”
      ephemeral pregnant promises – beyond urgent, above thought
      Later as my finger circles aimlessly your red buttons
      tomorrows promise wet between your thighs
      we both know in the morning you’ll be gone.

5. whocouldknowthen says:

so blissfully satisfied by your words i might politely decline your offer of eggs, thank you so much for the offer, and fast for the day instead….. taking time to savor the taste of this delicious poem, just one more day. πŸ™‚

6. arranqhenderson says:

Gosh, all the comments above, even from a cursory read of the final few, are so poetical and rarefied in sensitivity, in feeling. Quite intimidating, I nearly left the forum. I’m more of a neanderthal, alas. But I still found a way to enjoy your delightful and insightful poem. One more observation: I probably would not – in all honesty- have dallied long enough to read it in full, but then I spotted the sound cloud link and followed it on the page or screen- like a child – as you read it out. (I presume at least that’s your own delicious voice?) The sound, the reading is a very effective “device”. It certainly detained me and my attention. And now I see you’ve done it, in fact I am surprised more poets and especially blogging poets, do not do it more.
    Bravo. I shall now certainly visit again.
    Respects. – A.

Oh dear Arran, how lovely it is to see you over here. I’m honoured that you smudged my forum with your neanderthal hand (your words, not mine! haha!). Really, it’s lovely to see you here. And my sincere thank you’s for being so kind to me. Yes, my voice… As I have mentioned before, I’m very self-conscious about it, but the more I record, the more I start to less give a damn about how I sound and just do it anyway. πŸ™‚ Please drop by more often and dont be a stranger, it’s an honour to have you around!

• arranqhenderson says:

I know entirely, believe me, what you mean Owl, about the feeling about our own voice. I did, I “had to” contribute to a radio programme recently, (from inside an old cathedral as it happens) The dread of actually doing it was as Nothing compared to the horror of hearing my own voice on radio (then again on the sound cloud file) later. A truly hideous experience (twice). But please let me assure you that you do indeed have a wonderful, and indeed a very delicious voice. Perfect for your equally delicious poetry. And I look forward to hearing it more. As for the rest… the honour is all mine. May one ask if you are i Ireland or the UK? ( i notice you spell honour with a “u” so not Stateside at least) And/or, where is that Weekenders magazine based, or its it all an international web-sort of affair? Either way, keep up the great work. You’re flying.
      -A.

Ooooo, is there anywhere that the recording is still available for listen? Id love to judge your voice too! πŸ˜›
      Yeah, my spelling does give away a lot, huh? UK. But I visit Ireland often.
      The Weekenders magazine is definitely a web affair, but its getting really big and i think they are thinking to start printing paper version. Not too sure when. I just remember flicking through their selected poems and oh my, some of them were true inspirational gems!

7. Insight says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!! This is fantastically awesome in all respects.\m/ You made my day, Gal. I’m so much glad to find a very gorgeous cum beautiful thought expressing soul like ya from Robyn’s blog. Keep up the good work. Have a good weekend. xoxo

Rahul

Rahul, this is so fantastic to see you stopping by my playground πŸ™‚ thanks for the wonderful comments. I appreciate it and words like these really make me smile and inspire me to continue writing and never give up, even when a muse leaves me for a while…
      Thank you for being such a great support!

• Insight says:

You’re most welcome, Cat Women!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€ Keep up your good work. Have a good weekend. God bless. Cheers.\m/ πŸ™‚

Rahul

I carefully read the poem. Soaking in your beautifully happy words, detailing a sharply refined encounter. I was left in utter amazement. Then I listened to your words. Oohh! Your words. Your voice. The poem slips from your lips like sweet nothings into a wanting ear.
    At the end, you ask how I like my eggs done? I answered. Breathless.

Breathless… Isn’t that the most delicious way… Dear, your comments always are full of praise for me and even though i dont see what you see in my poetry, im letting your silky words soothe my heart and i melt into the words you write to me. Thank you for being so amazing.
      (By the way, im half way reading your work. Will email when im done!)

• J.R.Taylor says:

It always is…every time…breathless.
      In your poetry I see a truthful rawness clawing, biting, hating, soothing, loving, caressing, sexy. Emotion. Emotion. Lots of it pouring from every well placed word, every structured line. It drags me in. Throws me down. All so effortlessly done.
      Thank you! Chatty! You are absolutely stunning! Keep up the awesome work and I can’t wait for the email!

• J.R.Taylor says:

I’ll tease that longing with remarks.

But not now.
      Because I’m teasing. πŸ˜‰

9. Joseph Pinto says:

I imagine you crafting each piece of prose as a sculptor would; quietly, lost in thought, all the while nibbling your lower lip in inquisitive, mischievous fashion…

These aren’t poems, they are slices of pure pleasure!

Great work as is your norm, Ms. Owl πŸ™‚

Oh darling! Actually its very similar to how you describe it… I sit, totally lost in my world, and scribble things with a mischievous grin πŸ™‚
      Ufff, happy to see you here again, mister!

10. namelessneed says:

Bravo,friend. One unavoidably moving piece. And to hear it from yr lips,yr breath…
    Poetry in the air, rather than the page was a delight. It’s a cliche’ but
    my favorite lines: concerned yr “graceful twist..deliberately faked”
    Thanx

Thank you so much. Its been a while i saw you swimming at my waters, so im always in awe when you come to ruffle my feathers πŸ™‚

Oh, this is so soothing to know.. As i have mentioned earlier, im in total awe that people enjoy my writings and it gives me an ultimate pleasure to see comments like yours…