BIRTHMARK

Hair up.
I hide away
in your over-sized shirt –
it’s all buttons
down the front.
Open.

I have no wish to do them up.

You notice my bones
and decide to force-feed me
compliments
about the colour of my skin,
that apparently
always fascinated you –
it’s creamy beige
with two distinctive birth marks.

You only saw one of them.

I flick
thin pages of the notebook
and see your fingers
in front of your face.

Cliche,
but you always bite your lip
uncontrollably,
when you accidentally see
what’s between them.

Let’s fight the silent war
of a mutual arousal.

52 thoughts on “BIRTHMARK

Thanks so much. I guess I just have this type of personality and its difficult to change mannerisms, even when I try. This is why everything I write comes out sounding so teasing.

1. Cracked Sky says:

I find myself wanting to comment on various separate elements within your masterpiece: the imagery, the emotions conveyed, the sensual undertones, or even the lines themselves. Taken as a whole, though, the task becomes even more daunting, except to say, “Wow!”, and render me speechless otherwise.

You know, this is the best compliment. The fact that it evokes thoughts and reaction what i write. Thats what i strive for. Thank you for being so awesome.

2. Robyn Lee says:

Oh the”silent war of mutual arousal…”
    What can be more
    delicious than this?
    You are purely elegant
    in your ability to use words
    to transport the reader into a seductive
    secret space with you…
    Chatty! Superb!
    x RL

Honey, this is so flattering! Thank you for being interested in my book! Such an honour. I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as i enjoyed writing it..

3. Shakti Ghosal says:

Loved the verse.

What really jumped out at me are these lines:

“Cliche,
    but you always bite your lip
    uncontrollably,
    when you accidentally see
    what’s between them.”

What is this compulsion for us to utter words which we instantly regret? What is that inner belief which make us do so? To me this is not a cliche’ but a behaviour needing to be controlled.

Shakti

Shakti, thank you for stopping by. Its always nice for me to see that others enjoy reading what i write. Thats the biggest motivation to go forward and brainstorm new words.
      Please dont be a stranger and stop by more often!

This is so nice to see you stopping by. Thank you for the follow too! Sorry for a late reply, havent been on here for few days, need to catch up with everything properly, but will definitely pay your blog a visit as soon as i can!

The beauty of those tender moments resonate so strong within your simplistically gorgeous words. These moments I crave no matter the consequences.

5. t h i n g s + f l e s h says:

your voice brims with verve in this sensual and slinky and wild and witchy poem. xo tony

I liked that you called it witchy πŸ™‚ really made me smile this foggy thursday morning over here. Thanks dear. Im glad my voice has the ability to evoke reaction πŸ™‚ x

6. Insight says:

Haha! I wish I could give a direct hug to the wise poet of this poem. I really do love your beautifully scripted expressions, Cat women.\m/ πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

Rahul