NOT SO LONELY SATURDAY

I forget names of lovers
and reasons why we got together,
letting my memories fade
into a petal-thin
black and white photographs
that I hang on a fishing rod
and use it as a bait
to attract new victims.

Nothing is more alluring to a man
than a failure of another one.

Patterns on my dress
swirl into never-ending stories
that I used to hear from others,
but anytime I find photos of lovers’ faces,
I’m struggling to remember all the reasons
for our abrupt goodbyes.

I know they were willing to give me
all the lust they had,
but I had nowhere to store
this overflow of love,
so I had to compensate my guilt
with words,
that were untrue,
yet they made us feel better
and by far
less awkward.

Sometimes
I list names of men
that kissed me on my lips
and compare them with the ones
that only kissed my forehead,
(like the father that I never had).
Or the ones,
that thought
the taste of my inner thighs
will make them more secure
about
what I think of them.

Six glasses of wine
all these words
turned into
a poem,
that
you
wont
read.

63 thoughts on “NOT SO LONELY SATURDAY

1. Cracked Sky says:

Your words, directed to those unworthy of your afterthought, are not read by your followers either, enamored by the timbre of your beautiful voice, spoken by you in our mind’s eye. They are felt……and beautifully so.

Imagination always takes us secret places. You never know what you meet round the corner.. All my words are to be heard by others. Or read. Or felt. Or all of the above. Deep.

2. jalal michael sabbagh.http://gravatar.com/jmsabbagh86@gmail.com says:

One terrific poem .The wine ,the fishing, and the man.Jalal

Hmmm.. I wonder what confused you.. But its often like this with my poems – they are slightly cryptic and leave room for interpretation πŸ˜‰

3. Oloriel says:

Very brutally bare, I admire both your strenght and weakness to expose yourself fully, if you understand what I mean. The fishing image was very eye-catching and it has so much more meaning to it then on a first read-first see. Never settle for something you do not wish for, no matter its name and keep writting these awesome poems (translation: keep being awesome πŸ™‚ )

No no, you keep on being awesome! You are one of my 5 or so people on WP that constantly amaze me and inspire me to write. Thank you πŸ™‚

4. PΓ–3TIC says:

The one who catches you will be the one you can never quite catch yourself, always taking quick little nibbles but too smart to take the bait all at once!

5. JK says:

Forget about the poem, with six glasses of wine in you I’ll just focus on taking advantage of you. πŸ˜‰

The man like that was created in my mind by the little details, taken from various men. The minute my tongue will be rolling that name in my mouth, it will be the minute i will put the fishing rod down..

Owly is always silly and you know it πŸ™‚ by the way, it was hot here a couple of days. Not only you enjoying the summer πŸ˜‰

6. lscotthoughts says:

“black and white photographs that I hang on a fishing rod and use it as a bait
    to attract new victims” Brilliant metaphor, Chatty, and another wonderful poem!
    Lauren

7. primalnights says:

I’m a Jack Daniels man myself but 6 glasses of wine that gotta be like 16 shots or more. I’d be on the floor! And my poetry would boil down to ” let me see ur tits “. Of course if everyone is that far into it that poetry might just rule the day! Love the line “Nothing is more alluring to a man
    than a failure of another one”
    That’s actually a man cave secret that shouldn’t be out in public. And the ending Ouch!

πŸ™‚ ha, i guess my poetry gets better (to read) after a wine or two, but thanks so much for such a great feedback! It always makes me smile and gives me the warmest feeling to see that others enjoy what i write.