TEASING

Suggestive phrases
twirl inside my mind
and you wonder,
if anything I write is about you.
Would you like to know the truth?
My mouth spits out
flirtatious words
at those sensitive moments,
when your eyes melt into tears,
and I have to stop myself
from wanting to wipe them
with my lips,
because the taste of your sadness
is the one
I survive on.
Paper-thin clothes
hide the intrigue
that we are both longing after,
and every time
my curves change the shape of the fabric,
your thoughts start dancing a quickstep
of adult-rated visions.
We both smirk at each other,
knowing,
that one day
it might become
a questionable reality.

41 thoughts on “TEASING

1. johncoyote says:

Imagination is the key to life. We need to wish and hope. Make all thing sweeter in the end. Teasing allowed hope and desire to built up to a ultimate desire and hope, Thank you for the amazing poetry.

2. Oloriel says:

Very nice, I loved this part::”at those sensitive moments,
    when your eyes melt into tears,
    and I have to stop myself
    from wanting to wipe them
    with my lips,”

There seems to be two types of teasing here. The teasing of heartbreak and sexual teasing. It’s almost as If this is a snap shot at the end of relationship and the characters are getting there last good-byes out. It’s touching and heartbreaking and beautiful and raw and sexual. Everything that makes your poetry so undeniably alluring…

I’m glad that you picked up on the sexual teasing, that I was trying to camouflage between other words. And yes, it does sound like the last encounter before the final good bye. Thank you for being so amazing.

• J.R.Taylor says:

No need to thank me! 🙂 your work speaks for itself. I just articulate! And I saw that. The teasing words, playing up the hidden meanings. It was clever and artful!

4. Cracked Sky says:

Your words, a poet’s scripture, becomes a Pied Piper to those reading your lines, leading them, intoxicating them, hanging them on every last word until the undesirable end where your voice trails off to silence or the end of the page becomes white, wordless. And….we longingly await our next opportunity to meet this undesirable end with your next post.

Such powerful words of praise, like a subtle gentle touch of a hand on my skin. I’m as eager to write as you are eager to read. I just live hoping that this mutual feeling wont end.

5. t h i n g s + f l e s h says:

may i say how deeply i appreciate your musical ear for language and gift for emotional candor? very. xo tony

This is such a heart-felt comment, thank you so much, Tony. Im
      Not sure how much I truly deserve your praise, but Im always grateful to see you stopping by my playground here.

6. Viraj Belgaonkar says:

“when your eyes melt into tears,
    and I have to stop myself
    from wanting to wipe them
    with my lips,
    because the taste of your sadness
    is the one
    I survive on.”

Brilliant!, simply brilliant..

That is the truth though. The feeling of guilt is stronger than any other! Thank you for stopping by. As always. I was away from WP for a while, will need to catch up with your blog soon!

7. Joseph Pinto says:

Ms. Owl, I’m way behind in reading my posts, but what a way for me to wrap up my night!! I don’t know what it is about your prose, but it seizes my attention the second I commence reading…this poem seems to be uttered from the side of your mouth & I absolutely adore that attitude of yours! 🙂