MOMENTUM

You are nothing
but a vague distraction
from all my lazy coffee drinking,
foggy afternoons
busy thoughts,
that
I am trying to ignore.
You are
a mere and utter entertainment,
for when my eyes are bored
to read the words
of someone famous.
I turn to you.
All foreign sayings
lead in one direction –
chase.
We’re like a pair of fluffy kittens,
fiddling with the ball.
Or balls.
Or other body parts of such.
You run,
time to time,
but all it changes
is our lust,
which is, ironically,
just disappearing faster.

41 thoughts on “MOMENTUM

Thanks… I have noticed myself that coffee is a repeated thing in my poetry, but its such big part of me, i don’t seem to be able to get rid of it, when i write! πŸ™‚

• beeseeker says:

Doesn’t strike me as something to be worried about, have you noticed the musical references in a lot of my posts?
      Well, music to me anyway πŸ˜‰

1. prewitt1970 says:

The dance of lovers is always so fickle and ever changing, great passion is lost to this world I fear. Even a good muse is hard to find this century.
    Tight Hugs Ms.Owl

2. PΓ–3TIC says:

We play with a toy but quickly tire of it in favor of newer models. We use a tool but different tasks require different types. We cherish a treasure because it’s unique and isn’t come by easily, so we recognize its immense value and therefore treat it accordingly!

This is where the problem lies – we see a toy and think its a treasure. Until we realise our perception was wrong and the search continues, leaving a toy abandoned into the hands of someone else, that is mot necessary as careful with it as we once were and it gets damaged in the hands of a new owner.

• PΓ–3TIC says:

That’s why they have toy repair shops, unless it was one of those cheap toys made in China in which case it usually just ends up in a land fill. Ok that probably didn’t help at all did it?!!

• Po3tic says:

In case you were wondering, as of today it’s Β£1.45 per kilo!

………oh, sorry; the price of tea in China πŸ˜‰