AND SO IT GOES

I pay for my sins
in a currency of torn connections
the faded colour of your closed eyes.
The ones,
that witnessed all the nasty cravings
and imprints
on the non-tanned skin.
It got chased
by my red-painted nails
the blue smoke.

That’s what made our passion purple –

unlike those ripe emotions,
that got replaced
by immature steps
of selfish needs,
while
my dirty petticoat
reeked of yesterday’s booze
and unfiltered words –
those got lost
somewhere between sheets,
together with broken strands of hair
our lawless past.
It screamed loud
in high-pitched tones
of
rightful accusations.
Ours.

54 thoughts on “AND SO IT GOES

1. Oloriel says:

“I pay for my sins
    in a currency of torn connections” – such a strong line. I liked your word-image play with the colors aswell!

2. punktyras says:

Two poems in a day? You are spoiling us with such plentiful poems πŸ™‚ But keep it coming anyway πŸ™‚

Yes… Its amazing how travel and movement speak volume in your writings and Im honoured that my poem reminded you of things you like and look up to.
      Thanks for stopping by!

3. Bob says:

Well Done! πŸ™‚

Introspective, but with a very subtle undertone too.

Glad to see your fans won’t hate me πŸ˜‰

4. johncoyote says:

I enjoyed the thoughts in the poem. It made research a old Leonard Cohen song “Fingerprints.” It is funny how the past can be put away but never forgotten. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.

5. Przemek Kucia says:

I wonder – if I would consume your poems with music, what tracks in your opinion I should choose? I mean, so I could experience them closest to what you actually imagined while writing.

This a fearsome poem with so much passion poured out into the words. I love this. You are a pure force of perfect porse and i have yet to dislike anything you have written. If you were a novelist I would have to have everyone of your books. I would pay for these poems to be on my shelf so I can break it out and read them. Thank you for this!

• J.R.Taylor says:

I cannot wait either! πŸ™‚ I love your work, Chatty! And I’m glad I can bring that feeling to you! πŸ™‚ you do the same for me.