I MISS YOU

Your silent words,
sealed lips,
like an envelope of a letter
I’m dreading to open.
You gift me with a quiet torture,
an abandon treatment
and I know,
there is only an empty sheet of paper
inside.

Withhold the sentences
and words,
and cryptic letters,
forget the exclamation marks
that turn to
questions,
forget the signatures
and crinkled corners –
I’m holding this,
that’s nothing more than pile of dust –
imagination,
wishful thinking,
a gust of wind and whispers in the grass.

I thank you for nothing,
yet
I have to thank you.

48 thoughts on “I MISS YOU

1. Soul says:

Beautiful, sad and profound congratulations … nice to read your posts.

Bella,triste e profonda…complimenti bello leggere i tuoi post πŸ™‚

Soul.

2. steelmaster22 says:

Missing the one you want can be sad, yet at the same time, it triggers feelings and emotions that drive our passion deeper than before… Great poem… It is one that touches me in so many ways… Thank You!

Sometimes i wonder if the feeling of missing someone is just a very profound way of self pity and a little bit of selfish vanity. I guess.. Either way, missing people is not what i usually do, but this time its different.
      Thanks for commenting, dear!

• S.W. May says:

The negative vibe was unintended. I just like knowing you are human like I am. I am one who will always praise the expression of vulnerability. But I also admire a good set of armor.

I’m difficult to read for the others, not sure why. Human? I’m definitely am one. Arrogant and vain? Sometimes with a hint. Sensitive? Sensual? Yes to both without a doubt. Vulnerable? That’s where I will have to say no.

• S.W. May says:

Being human is being vulnerable. I’d argue that you are not entirely being honest with yourself. Maybe we should to attend each other’s class.

3. levybrakes@wordpress says:

…wanting to be loved is the desire of many. To experience the expression of same love is desired by all. Once again great work!

That’s where I will have to disagree with you a little πŸ™‚ I’m sure not everyone desires to be loved. I’m sure of this πŸ™‚

• Lila says:

I love it when comments inspire me to write something poetic in response, just as Geo sans inspired that elegant line from you.

RE the poem: “you gift me with a quiet torture”… great line. Enjoyed it.

Sweet sweet comment.. Sitting here smiling and thinking how amazing it is that nowadays we are blessed with virtual interactions, inspirations and creative bonding. Thank you πŸ™‚

Love the New Layout and have missed you on the WP! These two last poems are a brilliant and beautifully powerful examples of the sheer power and ferocity of your written word. Thank you for sharing these! This poem was gorgeous. Sheer beauty. My favorite part was the the below.
    “I’m holding this,
    that’s nothing more than pile of dust –
    imagination,
    wishful thinking,
    a gust of wind and whispers in the grass.”
    Again…thank you.

Hey! I know I’ve been a bit of a stranger lately, really busy with things and don’t get a breather. Hope all is well with you and as always, thanks for liking my words!
      (Will catch up soon)

5. PΓ–3TIC says:

I must say, this is such a powerful and heart wrenching poem but I loved every painful word of it! By far my favorite bit was “Your silent words,
    sealed lips, like an envelope of a letter I’m dreading to open.” Just happy you opened the letter and it wasn’t a blank piece of paper after all!