IF’S, BUT’S AND EXCUSES

You grabbed my hand
to grab a bite
in that place at the end of the street,
where you sneaked in a bottle of gin
at 10 o’clock in the morning –
the same time I promised you
that
I will pickpocket the love
out of your heart
to leave you with lust
only,
as that is stronger
than emotions and money put together –
because it forms a feeling.
I gave you a taste of myself
and made you crawl for more,
but you gave me a sneak peak of your life
and made me lose interest,
even though
we never loved each other more
than we do now.
You gave me a reason,
but I gave you a solution
and then we both broke our promises…
The only thing thats left for us
is gather dust in relationships
with someone else.
Loved,
but acting so unloving –
back at them.

24 thoughts on “IF’S, BUT’S AND EXCUSES

1. Rosh says:

This: ‘I gave you a taste of myself
    and made you crawl for more’

I don’t curse a lot but I think here is appropriate πŸ˜‰

2. wambliokiye says:

“Ester asked why people are sad.
    “That’s simple,” says the old man. “They are the prisoners of their personal history. Everyone believes that the main aim in life is to follow a plan. They never ask if that plan is theirs or if it was created by another person. They accumulate experiences, memories, things, other people’s ideas, and it is more than they can possibly cope with. And that is why they forget their dreams.”
    ― Paulo Coelho

3. wambliokiye says:

And:
    β€œWhen I sound the fairy call, gather here in silent meeiing,
    Chin to knee on the orchard wall, cooled with dew and cherries eating.
    Merry, merry, take a cherry, mine are sounder, mine are rounder,
    Mine are sweeter for the eater, when the dews fall, and you’ll be fairies all.” — Dickinson

πŸ˜‰

4. Fervin says:

Your ability to convey in words your thoughts and your feelings is extraordinary and that “I will pickpocket the love out of your heart” is superb!!

I’m so glad you stopped by to say hi! And thanks for liking it – it actually was a line that I started the poem with in my head and worked other words around it! πŸ™‚ don’t be a stranger!

This is so poignant…I cannot even begin to explain how this touched me but the rawness reveals a great emotional depth that you so perfectly convey. I envy this poem.