I got a pear out of my bag and had a bite. My manager is watching me for a couple of minutes and asks:
– Do you eat the pear with a core?
I stare at him like he has lost his mind. Of course I eat the pear with a core! Who doesn’t?!
– Oh. You’re just like my mom, it must be a european thing, – he thinks out loud.
– Oh, your mom is not from around here? Where is she from? – I got interested.
– She’s German! – I shout in excitement without realizing it. And then I feel stupid.
– Are you OK? Why so happy? – he laughs.
– Oh no no, nothing, sorry. I just like Germans.
He doesn’t need to know about my German fetish and stupid interest in Hitler…
– Chatty Owl has left the building –